[Antennaware] Diamond Antenna performance

Subject: [Antennaware] Diamond Antenna performance
From: Daniel Hileman <>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:51:24 -0800 (PST)
Hi Everyone,
I have a friend who has a saturn Ion, on which he has
mounted a Diamond SG7900A 2m/440 antenna.(on the
 The problem is that the performance doesn't seem
quite up to works "OK" but just "OK."
Another friend has the exact antenna on a neon (on the
trunk) and has very noticably better performance.
Soooo, Here's what we are thinking...the Ion is mostly
made of plastic whereas the neon, metal and this is
the root of the problem.
So, are there any suggestions on what can be done to
improve the performace of the diamond on this
"plastic"  car???

Thanks and 73 to all,

Daniel N9WX

Do you Yahoo!?