Re: [Antennaware] Moxon rectangles

To: "clive.whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Moxon rectangles
From: "i4jmy@iol.it" <i4jmy@iol.it>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:51:22 +0200
Hi Clive,

rather than looking for anything else, I'd like to point out my doubts about
ability of standard antenna modeling software to give correct results in case
of sharp wire angles.
Moreover, my experience with modeling of moxon rectangles (AO6) has been quite
disappointing with F/B, to the point I never thought to build any.
In any case, to avoid running after wrong ideas and time wasting, and modeling
problems apart, if the rectangle works you should find F/B somewere around 21
Mhz (up to one MHz upper or down).
If yes, and You feel satisfied of results, shortening or lenghtening elements
proportionally will shift the antenna to 21 Mhz band.
If You can't find anywere the antenna working, something else is wrong.

73,
Mauri I4JMY