Re: [Antennaware] Help with modelling phased Flags

To: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <>,<>,"David Gould" <>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Help with modelling phased Flags
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:20:00 -0500
I don't have the latest ON4UN book, but I have an end-fire array of two K9AY
loops pointed NE, phased 180 degrees and spaced 130 feet.  I'm just starting to
evaluate it in the real world.  I chose 180 because it is absurdly easy to set
the phasing at that value just by transposing one winding of the matching
transformer, and because 180-degree phasing is least affected by any mismatch
between the antennas and the transmission line.  It yields a pattern that is a
little different, but the overall RDF is pretty decent.

73, Pete N4ZR