[Antennaware] Shielded loop receive antennas.

To: Antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] Shielded loop receive antennas.
From: David Gould <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:02:38 +0000
In the ARRL antenna handbook (and repeated elsewhere) is a design for
a 160m shielded rx loop antenna with 5ft square sides.

Can anyone advise me how the strength of the recovered signal would
change if the loop was made bigger.  By using low-capacity coax I
think I could still resonate a loop that has 7ft square sides.  This
would very nearly double the  **AREA** of the loop, I would like to
understand how this would affect the received signal.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

73,
Dave,  G3UEG