Re: [Antennaware] Phased Butternuts?

To: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Phased Butternuts?
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:04:58 -0600
Jim,

Some years ago, I worked with another ham to feed his two HF2Vs in-phase
(broadside) -- the biggest problem was getting the two antennas to have
identical feedpoint impedance. It took plenty of tweaking; each antenna
seemed to have a different shift between independent and mutual coupled
settings.

Once we got the two matched, the pair worked well on 40M (primary band of
interest).

Around that same time I had two 40M ground planes -- full-size verticals fed
30 feet up, with (3) radials that doubled as guys. Spacing was about 160
degrees, and they were very "tame" when it came to phasing.

73, Gary
K9AY