[Antennaware] Testing the theory..

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] Testing the theory..
From: David Gould <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:05:42 +0100
Following on from the antenna modelling I did a with EZNEC a few
months back I am now building the antenna and planning the ground
system.  I want to do some measurements of the antenna (approx 48ft
vertical) with different ground system components.  I can measure the
differences in feed impedance easily enough (I use Larry N8LP's
LP-100 vector RF wattmeter).  In addition I want to measure the field
strength with the different ground system components as well. (also
using the LP-100).   My question is how far away from the antenna
should I measure the field strength?  I am primarily interested in
160/80/40m Two options spring to mind...
1) A friend just over 1 mile away
2) I could set up in the back of my car about 400yrds away.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

73,
Dave G3UEG