[Antennaware] Versatile Antenna over good ground

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] Versatile Antenna over good ground
From: ROBERT WEBB <g0urr@btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:36:37 +0100 (BST)
Hi Guys, having been off the air for a few years, I now have a new career where
i have a lot of wooded land at my disposal, trees are at around 30ft average
height, with appx 400ft of cleared woodland to put antenna in. My work area was
until recently a bog ! and we are now only a foot or so over the water table.
Outside of the main pathways and car park area there is a lot of water !

  What would you guys suggest, a large dipole, an end fed long wire fed against
the substantial earth available with 30ft vertical and the rest horizontal ?

  I mainly play on 40m, 80m and top band, with a vertical planned for the 10,
15, 20 m bands etc

  any ideas will be gratefully recieved

  Cheers

  Robb