Re: [Antennaware] Checking Hy-Gain TH7 Traps

To: <ve3gsi@canada.com>, <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Checking Hy-Gain TH7 Traps
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:14:13 -0400
You can use an MFJ269x analyzer or equivalent.

Put a 50 ohm non-reactive resistor in parallel with the trap and use the
frequency button to scan
it. Look for the zero reactance points. This will be fairly broad, but will
show you where the
resonance is.

If you have a higher end analyzer like the AIM 4170, which can measure higher
values more
accurately, use a 450 ohm resistor, run a scan over the 20-10 bands and watch
the reactance
crossovers, which should be at the peak R points.

73, Guy.