Re: [Antennaware] dBi conversion to Antenna Factor

To: "Andy Ikin" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] dBi conversion to Antenna Factor
From: "K9AY" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:47:49 -0600
> is this gain dependent on the matching transformer as this transformer is
> not in the model? Or am I missing something?
> 73
> Andy

As others have noted, EZNEC assumes that you have a matched feedpoint, so
any loss in the transformer or other matching network should be added to
your calculations, although it's probably quite small. I've measured my
transformers at ~0.2 dB loss in the 2 to 7 MHz range. The description is in
the Tech Notes section of my Web site,

You might not see a reference for matching network loss with commercial
antennas, since they are usually calibrated for Antenna Factor using range
measurements. Signals are sampled after the matching network; it is
considered part of the antenna.

73, Gary

Antennaware mailing list