[Antennaware] Hy-Gain TH-3 Mk4 Tribander problem

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] Hy-Gain TH-3 Mk4 Tribander problem
From: RLVZ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 19:38:35 EST
Hi Guys,

I've had several Hy-Gain TH-3's over the past 30 years and never had a
problem with one.  But I've now got a problem with the latest model:  TH3-Mk4:

Running it on 15-meters with the amplifier on, the SWR starts out at  1.2 to
1 but as I transmit over a period of a few minutes the SWR gradually  climbs
to over 2:1.

I've checked the traps and they are clean, I've checked the screws  inside
the traps and they are tight and clean, I've tried replacing the balun  with
the
same problem, I've replaced the coax... same problem.  All  connections
appear tight.

I even ran the antenna on saw horses until the SWR rose to over 2:1 and  then
ran outside to check for hot spots!  Nothing was hot.

I've tried different SWR meters too.

Any idears?

Thanks!  73 & Merry Christmas!

Dick- K9OM