Re: [Antennaware] Question on Butternut Butterfly Beam

To: <>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Question on Butternut Butterfly Beam
From: "Eric Hilding" <>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:32:31 -0700
Dan, N4VET, wrote:

>Next thing I am going to change is the coax.

>If that does not work nothing is left.

>Can any of you guys inform me if I am missing something.

The SWR went whacko with my HF6-V, and I suspected the capacitors needed
replacing (I had inherited the antenna several years back from a ham who
moved out of state - I think it was 15 or 20 years old). I replaced the
assembly with the 200pf and 67pf caps from a newer but also used HF6-V and
everything worked fine again. I had also wondered if I may have had a coax
problem but that wasn't the case.

If you are anywhere near salt water, since the beam has been up for 10 years
I suggest you check for a possible *corrosion* problem somewhere.  Don't
overlook anything!!!

Personally, I've found Bob (the Bencher tech) very helpful and responsive
via email.

73 & GL.

Rick, K6VVA

Antennaware mailing list