Re: [Antennaware] 160 meter 3/8 wire, steel or copper

To: <>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] 160 meter 3/8 wire, steel or copper
From: "OZ1AXG Flam" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 02:28:46 +0200
Hi Terry

It would be better to have the antenna at resonans around 1830 (CW portion
of the band), rather than 1860 where it is now , but this is where it endend
up with the fixed capacitors.

So if i change the wire to Copper, it would move even further up in
frequence (+13KHz)... i.e the wrong way!

As I understand your calculation, cap value is with a fixed wirelength...
however what would the calculation in EZNEC yield if I where to change the
antenna wire to 1.5mm Cu wire AND add 75 cm to the length of the antenna
wire making it 47,25 meters?