Re: [Antennaware] Guying a 40' Fiberglass Mast...Alone

To: "Alain Michel" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Guying a 40' Fiberglass Mast...Alone
From: "aa4nn" <>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:10:12 -0400
The job you have at hand is an easy one.
Let your xyl hold the mast while you go around
adjusting the bottom guy lines to get the mast
a bit perpendicular and stable.  Do the middle
guys next, then the top guys.  It takes a lot of
walking for one person to adjust the guys while
a second one eyeballs the perpendicular but
that's about how it goes..

I would hope you have attached a pulley and
pull rope to the top of the mast so that you can
now pull up the support point of your G5RV.

73, Joe, aa4nn