Re: [Antennaware] New K9AY Observations

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>,"'K9AY'" <k9ay@k9ay.com>, <antennaware@contesting.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] New K9AY Observations
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:29:37 -0400
In my experience the choke at the loop end of the feedline (before the
transformer) is essential - the signal levels coming from the loop are so
low that it doesn't take much shield pickup to fill in the nulls in the
pattern.  I use the ON4UN double-choke setup and it seems to work very well.

73, Pete N4ZR