Mike, please I need your advice:
I need to solve my problem on low bands; 160, 80 and 40m with one antenna.
These are my possible solutions (which is better according to you antenna/
tuner knowledgeable people).
The antenna will be used primary for contest.
1. Inverted L (15m + 25m) with radials, feeding with coaxial cable and
CG-3000 in feedpoint
2. Dipole (2 x 20m), via 450 ohm open line and MFJ-974HB, on 160m the
antenna will be used like T vertical and ground (@20m)
3. Dipole (2 x 40m), via 450 ohm open line and MFJ-974HB (@20m)
4. Inverted L (15m + 25m) with radials, via 450 ohm open line and MFJ-974HB
5. Battle Creek Special (on SPIDERBEAM 18m pole) with
(http://www.unadilla.com/traps.htm) traps for 80 and 40m
*What's the behave of solution 2. and 3. against halfwave dipole feed via
50ohm coax on 40 respective 80m with same height, @20m?
*The MFJ unit has 4 x 250pF, is it enough for low bands?
*Do you know how big is the losses with this kind of TUNER
(CG-3000) which has small capatitors and coils versus MFJ-974HB with little
bigger C and L?
I got some info about AT-502-Tuner by Hamware, www.hamware.de but it seems
little bit expensive...
Thank You for all answers/ suggestions.
Antennaware mailing list