[Antennaware] 2-element delta loop array close to ground

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] 2-element delta loop array close to ground
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:55:44 -0500
I am modeling a 20M 2-element delta loop array with the apex up, 12-foot
spacing and the bottom about 35 feet above ground, fed at a lower corner,
using Multi-NEC and NEC2.  In driven/reflector configuration, it looks
about like what I'd expect - 6 dBi gain and 14-18 dB F/B.  But in the
driven/director configuration, there isn't much directivity at all,
regardless of frequency.

Does this square with others' experience, or am I messing something up in
the model?

73, Pete N4ZR
the World Contest Station Database is back...
www.conteststations.com