Re: [Antennaware] Electrons

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Electrons
From: "Andy" <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:21:03 -0500
>   IF the electrons are NOT
> moving, ie "static", there is still an electric field and magnetic field
> produced that is pure energy ...

This might be misleading to some, so I thought I'd clarify, on what is my
understanding about this.

About that "pure energy" ...  There is no energy radiating from an electron
at rest.  But there is a static (unchanging) electric field around it,
between it and everything else in the universe.

The act of putting that electron (or charge) there did send energy into
creating that electric field.  Once the electron/charge is at rest, you have
just potential energy in the field, and no radiation.

Andy