[Antennaware] 4 sq. AZ and EL gain

To: <>
Subject: [Antennaware] 4 sq. AZ and EL gain
From: "Andy Ikin" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 23:35:03 +0100
Hello Folks,

I am trying to make some meaningful RDF comparisons with Vertical arrays, K9AY
arrays and 4 sq. Vertical arrays.

I appear to have an anomaly with the 4 sq. i.e. If I look at the max. EL gain
(TOA ) at say 20 degrees. I have say 4.0dBi. I then look at the AZ gain at 20
degrees the gain is approx. twice the EL gain.

Looking at examples of Vertical and K9AY arrays the max. EL gain  (TOA ) is
equal to the AZ gain at the same TOA; This would appear to be correct.

So what am I doing wrong with the 4 Sq.??

Antennaware mailing list