Re: [Antennaware] Pennant

To: "'aa4nn'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Pennant
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:27:48 -0400
K6SE recommended pairs - or even four - of point fed pennants
hung from a common central pole as a useful configuration.  I
believe each one had a common transformer and BOTH SIDES of the
coaxes were switched (e.g., DPDT relays in a plastic box).

If attempting this configuration, I would strongly recommend a
good common mode choke between the pennant and switch and another
one on the feedline after the switch.

   ... Joe, W4TV

> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 7:11 AM, aa4nn <> wrote:
> > Has anyone modeled two pennants with their
> > feedpoints back-to-back like on the same support
> > mast for easy switching short path to long path?
> > In other words, does the switched out pennant
> > influence the receive pattern of the active pennant?
> >
> > de Joe, aa4nn
> > Lake Wylie, SC

Antennaware mailing list