Re: [Antennaware] Generic question on balun use

To: Dennis Berry <>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Generic question on balun use
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:02:42 -0600
Dennis, that is a good question. As you say there are two ways that coaxial
cable shield current is induced. Directly when the shield forms the third
leg of a 'tripole' antenna, and when current is coupled by the antenna

Given the feedline length, physical relationship to the dipole, and dipole
height, I can model this for you in NEC. Otherwise, I would not bother with
a balun. While there may be feedline radiation, it is still radiation.

    Dave WX7G

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Dennis Berry <