[Antennaware] Vertical Dipoles

To: <>
Subject: [Antennaware] Vertical Dipoles
From: David Gould <>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:38:38 +0000
This may be slightly off-topic but hopefully not too much!!

I would like to build a vertical dipole for 20m with the bottom about
1m off the ground, to compliment a beam, to give me a quick
omni-directional alternative.

What are the potential problems,  or issues to be aware of if I were
to take the coax feedline down the centre of the tubing that makes
the lower section of the dipole.  I have seen several alternatives
where the coax is taken away from the centre of the dipole parallel
to the ground, but I would prefer not to do this.

Any thoughts gratefully received.  I guess a good feedline current
choke might be a good idea at the base.

Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for the various help over the years.

Dave, G3UEG

Antennaware mailing list