[Antennaware] Ideas on how to mount 6 M j-pole?

Subject: [Antennaware] Ideas on how to mount 6 M j-pole?
From: Shon Edwards <>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:04:18 -0700
Does anyone have any ideas on how to mount a j-pole on the edge of a roof,
which is for the 6-m band?  It is absolutely huge (somewhere between 13 and
14 feet high, I believe).  The wind seems to be able to move it around more
than I thought it would before getting the antenna.

Very nice antenna, though, for a j-pole (dipole), and with it on the ground
have been able to hit repeaters as far away as 50 miles with mountains
inbetween.  (That knife-edge has always been wonderful to me.  To digress a
moment, I was able once to talk with my wife on simplex 30 miles apart, with
each of us on opposite sides of a 11,000 foot high mountain, with full

Thanks in advance,

73 de Shon, KO3U

Shon R. Edwards,
Amateur Call:  KO3U