Re: [Antennaware] Problems with reception on 1.25 M mobile antenna

To: Shon Edwards <sre.1966@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Problems with reception on 1.25 M mobile antenna
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 01:20:28 -0500
One other thing is that UHF and coax with a waterlogged shield do not
get along well.  When I was maintaining a repeater, we spent a lot of
time renewing water seals. A bad seal and water in connectors and coax
would sound like someone broke off the antenna.

This didn't start after driving in the rain by any chance?

73, Guy.