Re: [Antennaware] Topband vertical matching.

To: <>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Topband vertical matching.
From: David Gould <>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:46:39 +0100
I would just like to thank all who have replied both on and off the reflector.

The discussion has resolved a problem I have had for many years, so I
am very grateful for that.

I have now done some useful modelling of a top loaded T antenna with
just a shunt coil at the base.  The SWR bandwidth looks better on the
model than I have previously obtained with either an L-match or an UNUN.

I also found it interesting to hear the opposing merits of the
lengthened antenna and series capacitor versus the shortened antenna
and shunt coil.  I have used both over many years, but my personal
preference is to have the antenna grounded at the feed point.

73, and thanks again for all the help..

Dave, G3UEG

Antennaware mailing list