Re: [Antennaware] 3-element HF yagi design

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>, David Gould <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] 3-element HF yagi design
From: dan edwards <w5xz@att.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:01:02 -0800 (PST)
to me, anyway, the OWA 'burns' a director for broad-band impedance
matching..so, a '4 el OWA' is really a 3 element yagi...don't think the first
director contributes much to forward gain or f/b.....K3LR & W3LPL have 40m
monsters built that way....making a  broad band yagi with gain very similar to
a 3 el one...except with a better match across a wider freq. span...

my $0.02 worth...73, w5xz, dan