Mults per minute in CT?

Subject: Mults per minute in CT?
From: GARLOUGH@TGV.COM (Trey Garlough)
Date: Thu Feb 20 09:30:45 1992
> Does anyone find the "minutes per mult" function useful?
> i.e. Does it influence how anyone operates?
>
> Dwaine Hurta,  N5HD                        hurta@ap040.csc.ti.com

When it influences me most is at the end of the contest in a multiop.
Because of the ten minute rule, I hate to QSY to someplace to work
a mult and then be trapped there for nine more minutes not being
able to make any other QSOs, e.g. if NP4A is called out at 2330Z
Sunday on 160.  If it happens that I am CQing my brains out on 20
meters, and only working 30 an hour (80/hr if you count dupes :-),
then the "1 mult is worth 9.5 QSOs" message is a nice reminder that
making the trip to 160 is probably worthwhile.

--Trey