No subject

Subject: No subject
From: george554@austin.relay.ucm.org (george554@austin.relay.ucm.org)
Date: Tue Mar 31 08:56:33 1992
all this talk about wpx operating time is getting a bit
over-complicated. i have always liked wpx. 30 hours seemed a
bit short too me in the past but after having done 4 or 5
years of single band efforts i much prefer 30 hours. i did
an all band effort this time and the 36 hours was just about
right for that. i would not have wanted anymore.

having said that, it is real simple.  30 hours the best esp. for
single banders. 36 hours is ok -- you dont get as much tv watching time
though. 2x points for the low bands is more than enough incentive.
i took most of my off time during the day so that i was on when i
could make contacts on 40m.

make the contest 30 to 36 hours long and forget all this talk of
diffrent 12 or 6 hours segments or whatever.

well wait maybe if we .... yeah.... you can only operate for one hour
but then you must take the next 2 hours off unless the next complete
hour is on 160 or the next 2 hours is on 80 for 1/3 of the 2 hours with
the other 2/3 's of the 2 hours spent on 160 if and only if you
take the next hour off. off time counts as off time -- no exceptions --
you can watch cabbage punching on tv or clean out the garage.

geoiii
wb5vzl
austin c.k.u.