WPX, U.S. 0 pointers.

Subject: WPX, U.S. 0 pointers.
From: alan@dsd.es.com (Alan Brubaker)
Date: Tue Jun 2 14:41:25 1992
Yet a few more words on this subject; it does not seem to matter
which contest you operate in, there are usually casual participants
and Sunday driver types who stop by to give you a contact to "help
out". Sometimes they do help, sometimes they do not. I make it a
point never to criticize them just because they are ignorant of the
rules of the particular contest of the moment, and I always make it
a point to thank them, even if their contact did not count for
anything. We need all of the friends that we can get so that we can
comfortably continue with our games. I suspect that there will be a
lot of pressure on us to run our contests in a clean fashion as we
dive toward the sunspot minimum. 20 meters will be carrying a heavy
load of nets, DXers, ragchewers, and casual operators with just
about nowhere else to go until 40 and 80 open up during the evening
hours. Even 17 meters may not be that useful for them, we will see.
The 20 meter phone band is a zoo now - just wait...

Alan, K6XO    alan@dsd.es.com