2E Field Day

Subject: 2E Field Day
From: Ocker@dseg1.csc.ti.com (Charlie Ocker)
Date: Wed Jun 24 15:50:54 1992
> From: "Neal A. Osborn" <OSBORN@BCRVMPC2.VNET.IBM.COM>
> To:   ocker@dseg1.csc.ti.com

> Don't you mean class 2 Dog (tired)?  2E implies emergency power,
> and I doubt the building A/C connects to any local generator.

> We considered 2E here for IBM ARC, but our club couldn't afford to
> fire up the site's emergency generators at 30 gal/hour.

> 73 es GL in FD,

> N4PYB

No, I mean 2E.  We will be powering all of our rigs from generators.
According to the rules, you can be in class E if you power all
transmitters and receivers from an emergency power source.  The rules do
NOT say anything about powering creature comforts from emergency power.

73 es CU in FD,

Charlie,  KD5PJ