FD '92

Subject: FD '92
From: az@i5120h.nrl.navy.mil (Andy Zwirko)
Date: Mon Jun 29 13:38:59 1992
Another FD... ( NA3J & KA1GD - near Cumberland, Md)

  A couple-o beautious days in the neighborhood and no major problems, except a
broken element on a TA33jr.  The 1B-2op battery/qrp effort was fun, but trying,
as usual.  A beam at 25ft, an open wire fed dipole at 50ft and an Argonaut 509
running 2 watts!  If you worked us, you were one of only a select few, to
qualify for a listing in our logs!  CW is definitely the qrp mode of choice,
SSB was nearly impossible.  Breakdown was 257 CW / 75 SSB for a little over
3k points after bonuses.

  The bands seemed in good shape from out here, though no 10m openings for us.
Seemed like the major flare we had several days ago didn't wash out the bands
like was expected.  Best DX was KH6RS, worst DX was WB2EKK, down the road a
few!

cu in the next test...

andy - ka1gd