CW Sprint

Subject: CW Sprint
From: GARLOUGH@TGV.COM (Trey Garlough)
Date: Tue Sep 8 12:00:38 1992
> N6XI   237 QSOs, 48 Mults   =   11,376
>
> Activity seemed way down.  First time in 2 years I failed
> to break 250 with my little pistol station.  Why Labor Day
> Weekend?

I think the activity was there, it's just that conditions were screwy.
I talked to KR0Y this morning and he thinks it was definetly a big-station
weekend because of the poor conditions.  N6AA concurs.

I was at a big station and made a nice score, 314 by 48, although people
are telling me my signal was way down on 20 compared to the others.  Maybe
the antenna was *too* high.  Who knows?

I didn't ever *feel* big during the event.  KR0Y had the same reaction.
N6AA says he felt small on 40, but I didn't; I felt ordinary.  Maybe
this is the big station factor (N6AA had a dipole, I had a two element beam).

As for Labor Day, it just worked out that way.  It made some people happy
and others unhappy.  (The unhappy people were quite vocal about it.)  I'll
lobby to schedule the contest for the Saturday after Labor Day from now on.
I'm sorry it caused a problem for some folks.

--Trey