ZM2K

Subject: ZM2K
From: reisert@mast.enet.dec.com (Jim -- DTN 223-5747 -- MLO5-2/13A 22-Oct-1992 0912)
Date: Thu Oct 22 10:08:17 1992
[forwarded from USENET]

From: wk@frc.maf.govt.nz
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.misc
Subject: CQWW

Well, it's that time again. The Kiwi Contest Gang will be operating
multi/multi in the SSB contest, and we will most likely make an
appearance in the CW event as well. Callsign: ZM2K.

The QTH will once again be our fully air-conditioned, fertilized
DX-woolshed, 70 km NE of Wellington (NZ), the antenna farm looks
something like this:

10 m: 4 ele monoband yagi at 12 m
15 m: 6 ele monoband yagi at 15 m
20 m: 3 ele monoband yagi at 15 m
40 m: 2 ele wire beam and delta loop
80, 160 m: long wires beaming NE

The 15 m beam came down during the equinoxial gales, but is now back
on the tower after an epic struggle in the mud. Testing the ten metre
yagi last weekend, a lot of outstanding signals were copied of North
American stations piling up for Willis Island. With a bit of luck
we'll be seeing some good propagation on the high bands.

Some of our top ops have escaped overseas, but the rest of us is all
fired up and ready to go. Hope to hear you in the contest, have fun.

Bert, ZL2BSJ.