NA 7.06

Subject: NA 7.06
From: hurta@ap040.dseg.ti.com (Dwaine Hurta)
Date: Tue Nov 24 10:44:30 1992
We had the same problem with NA 7.06 - we would go back into the log and
edit a qso and sometimes it would bomb, other times it wouldn't.  I see
now that it was more to do with paging through the log than the editing
(the paging problem was mentioned in the earlier message here).  Ahh,
if the propagation don't git ya the software will!! :-)

I have in the past bought CT and NA, but have settled on NA as my
software of preference., mostly due to too many "dogbites" from CT
during the contests.  The only disappointment from LTA is their attitude
that if you don't complain, you don't get updates- I complain after the
contest and find that a fix was in place before the contest.

I realize that CT and NA software is very complex, and many man-hours
are spent debugging them, but few things try men's souls more than a
software crash during a good run!  (Ask KR0Y about his hard disk crash
many hours into a CQWW a few years ago!  But that was hardware...)

Dwaine

--
Dwaine Hurta,  N5HD                        hurta@lobby.ti.com
Texas Instruments, Dallas, Texas           480-1338