CQWWCW Scores

Subject: CQWWCW Scores
From: Doug.Grant@analog.com (Doug.Grant@analog.com)
Date: Mon Nov 30 17:44:00 1992
I have a bunch of scores - I'll upload them in a day or two - my EMail system
has a crappy editor, so I'll edit it at home and upload it from here.

A few selected highlights...

Single-Op

KM1H 6.03M New US Record, KQ2M opr
N4RJ 6.02M Also beat the record, KM9P opr
N2NT 5.8 M At NF2L station
KN8Z 5.6 M WA8YVR opr

Single-Op Assisted

K8AZ 5.042M
K3WW 4.876M
KC1XX 4.6M

Multi-single

N3RS  8.7M
K1KI  8.3M
K1DG  8.0M

Multi-multi

K1AR  20M  at K1EA QTH  7290/193/758
N2RM  19M               6978/196/738
W3LPL 17M               6482/196/738

A splendid time was had by all. K1AR made 5BDXCC (29Z, 108C on 80)!

More to follow....

Also - yes, I worked Trey all bands and did not call him when he wanted EU.

Abuse of voice keyers is similar to abuse of CW keyers before people could
send with them, and memory keyers with repeat functions - like any new
technology, it takes a while to get the hang of it.

And "NN" isn't enough. "ENN" is. And the WW exchange, while essentially
meaningless, gives the contest its flavor. There's all kinds of contests, with
all kinds of exchanges. Given the increasing popularity and participation in
the WW, I guess people like it easy.