WKD B4

Subject: WKD B4
From: tekbspa!tavan@uunet.UU.NET (tekbspa!tavan@uunet.UU.NET)
Date: Tue Dec 8 16:05:04 1992
RE W3CPB commented on alleged dupes.  Here is my
personal policy:

When a dupe calls me, I tell him.  If the exchange
is short, I send it anyway and log the dupe.  If the exchange
is long (SS), I attempt to abort.  If he insists he
isn't a dupe, I work him even tho he appears in my
log as a dupe.  This courtesy not only helps the caller
complete a contact he does not have logged, it also
prevents me from losing a previous Q that I may have logged
incorrectly.  At least the "dupe" should count, even
if the first Q was busted.

I really get ticked off when someone blows me away
as a dupe and refuses to work me again even tho I am using
computer logging and am absolutely sure he is not yet in
my log.  The next time I operate a contest seriously, I
will probably log all such events as zero pointers and
send a note to the sponsor to delete any Q with me that
the may appear in the offender's log.

/Rick N6XI