10-10 Club belligerency, strife, warfare (contest) with contesting

Subject: 10-10 Club belligerency, strife, warfare (contest) with contesting
From: pescatore_jt%ncsd.dnet@gte.com (pescatore_jt%ncsd.dnet@gte.com)
Date: Mon Dec 21 13:23:28 1992
I don't if all 10-10 club chapters are as venomously anti-contesting as the
local (Arlington VA) one is but they are getting more and more vehement about
it. The December 10-10 chapter newsletter was sent to me, with no return
address, and had the following articles highlighted:

"1992 ARRL PHone Sweepstakes - Irrational, Insipid, and INSANE"

  - Nice alliteration, containing quotes such as "Sweepstakes ... should be
renamed "Sweep non-contesters off the 10 Meter Band stakes" and "So what did
the contester jerks do? Blew the kids off 1- Meters with their 100 KW and
higher ERP.

"ARRL Members to League .... De-emphasize contesting"

  - Long tirade about NCJ, and the "contesterS who, de facto, control the ARRL
today"

They also gave NCJ the James Zimskind Big Bunghole Memorial Trophy to NCJ
for "refusing to consider any compromise whatsoever in reforming the present,
totally, insipid, contest modus operundi"

I assume I got a copy of this fine newsletter (you have to be impressed by any
publication that worked in the word "insipid" twice in one issue,) because I
am a columnist for the insipid, bland, watery, banal, inane, driveling,
innocuous, jejune, namby-pamby, vapid (synoyms for insipid) NCJ. I hope it is
not because I was ever lewd, loquacious, or lascivious (sp?).

They also compared the nasty ARRL to the FB CQ magazine organization. Wait
until they find out Alpha Romeo is now a CQ ringleader, lion, eminence,
notable, luminary, nabob (big-wig)!

Anyone want some laughs, send me your fax number and Ill fax it out. I plan
to ignore it, since I think Tom Taormina has already gotten into a venomous,
vile, repellent, malignant, loathsome, unwholesome (nasty) spat with them.

John WB2EKK
PESCATORE_JT@NCSD.GTE.COM