Special Event Station Notice

Subject: Special Event Station Notice
From: unbham@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (UNBARC)
Date: Sun Jan 31 22:54:41 1993
International Development Week - Ham Radio Event

The university of New Brunswick will be participating in an International
development week ham radio event on Wednesday February 3rd.  The
event is part of the Canadian International Development Agency's
International Development Week, which will be from February 1st -
February 7th.  The UNB Amateur Radio Club will be contacting amateur
radio operators from around the world for 12 hours beginning at
8AM (Atlantic).

The purpose of the ham radio event is to give Canadians the opportunity to
speak with citizens of developing countries via a national ham radio network.

International students will be given the opportunity to contact citizens
in their country of origin and to promote their own development efforts.
Videos on various countries will be presented throughout the day.  Posters
and pamphlets about Canadian partners in development will also be part
of the presentation.

---
The above is a press release which we sent to the local media last week.
We invite amateurs around the world to set up scheds with us throughout
the day of the 3rd.  Write email to unbham@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca
if you are interested.  We are running 100w and will be active on
all bands from 40m up.

We will try to stay around the frequencies of:
        28.250, 21.250, 14.250, 7.250   depending on the time
of day.  If 10m is dead, look for us on 15m, etc...

We will be operating under the special event callsign of  CI1UNB
and we will be issueing special QSO cards for the event which the
government has produced for us.

Our mailing address is:
                UNB Amateur Radio Club
                c/o Electrical Engineering Dep't