WB5VZL switch question

Subject: WB5VZL switch question
From: bob@micro-c.mcds.com (Robert E Naumann)
Date: Fri Jan 1 08:41:28 1993
Hi George and everyone else! HNY etc.
George;  At K2GL (N2AA) and N2RM the Bird model 72R coax switch has been
used with good results.  The switch is a "swapper" 4 pole switch.  K2TW
( I think) calls them "plunger" switches.  To actuate it you pull on the
large knob, rotate it 90 degrees and press it back in.  This swaps 2
antennas  between 2 rigs.  I have found that certain rigs don't like
having their grounds tied together in this manner which results in some
inter-radio noise when one is transmitting.  This was seen with my TS940
and WM2H's TS940 on 10 meters at N2RM - however, at K5NA's a couple of
years ago this arrangement worked without any problem with my '940 and a
TS930.  This solution is not automatic, but it's pretty fast.  You should
see N2AA in action with one of these!  They are fairly pricey if bought
new, I think they are over $100 -  I found one at a flea market here in
NJ for $3.  Obviously, the guy had no idea of the worth of it.
73, Bob KR2J