Equalized Results

Subject: Equalized Results
From: 71662.17@CompuServe.COM (BILL FISHER)
Date: Mon Jan 4 11:14:44 1993
>What _can_ be equalized is the reporting of scores in the magazines -
>it's just a matter of deciding how to do it without too much increase in
>the space used.  Wherever I've been, one of the main goals in a contest
>has been to make "the box" - the band breakdown box.

Here here!

I've always said that it is an insult to every contester's intelligence to
read the write-ups by CQ and the ARRL.  The fact that they re-hash the
top-ten box of every category in the write up is extremely boring.  What I
wish they would do is point out things about the top finishers that we
might not automatically see upon first glance...  This is where the
regional differences should be pointed out.  If N2IC/0 or W0UA make the
top ten in a DX contest then they should be mentioned in the write-up.
The fact that KM1H wins and is followed by a host of 1's, 2's, 3's or 4's
is really not big news.  The same can be said for Sweepstakes.  I noticed
in the High Claims that VZL posted here that there were a couple of W1's
with high scores on SSB.  This is alot more impressive than W7__ coming in
second or third.

73

Bill, KM9P