Beverage stuff

Subject: Beverage stuff
From: OOPDAVID@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (D.RODMAN)
Date: Sat Jan 9 07:06:16 1993
At KN2M we have a very un-Beverage lot.  We have 12 acres, but it runs
as a big rectangle N/S and is only 300 ft wide.  Consequently, I rely
on the vacant land next door for our antenna.  We have only a single
one pointed at EU.  My ops say it hears very well.  My only criticism is
that it runs through the 80 m loop and therefore is quite VSWR sensitive
on that band due to coupling.  We bought all our hardware from ICE.  I have
a brass ground rod at the termination with a 450 ohm point selected.
The antenna is #14 wire (Grossman's) and runs 650 +/- ft. to a tie off point
on one of the tower guys.  I have an ICE matching transformer there which
connects to either 50 or 75 ohm coax underground 250' to the house.
This has been reliable at  a height of 8 to 10 feet above ground.  The unit
also provides lightning protection, a plus for our location (as most know
we are on a hill off Lake Erie and have severe storms off the lake).
73, Dave.