Caribbean Contest Spots?

Subject: Caribbean Contest Spots?
From: GHOWARD@Kentvm.Kent.edu (Geoffry S. Howard)
Date: Tue Jan 26 17:31:33 1993
As one who has, in the past couple of years, fallen hopelessly in love
with the Caribbean and with SCUBA diving, I am on the hunt for rentals
down there.

I have read all the (wonderful) NCJ articles on "Contesting from the
Caribbean", and have been in touch with the owners of most of the
rental houses and villas mentioned there and in QST ads.

What I'm seeking now is reports from ANYBODY who has been down there
in the past couple of years, whether for a ham vacation or a more
conventional sun/sand trip, on good places to go, and recommended
rentals/motels/villas. How was your trip? What were the plusses and
minuses of the place you visited? Recommendations?

I am just back from a 7 day cruise that hit Cozumel, Grand Cayman,
and Jamaica but, alas, no hamming. Also just spent a few days in HP1
on a business trip. The landside time in all these places was much
too short to prospect for places to stay so your help/info, even on
locations I have recently visited, would be great!

73 from Geoff, W0CG, Suffield, Ohio
Prodigy: BKCX26A      CompuServe 70571,1447