DSP unit--wow!

Subject: DSP unit--wow!
From: winter@apple.com (Patty Winter)
Date: Sun Mar 7 22:28:39 1993
I played this weekend's contest from a friend's house in the San
Joaquin Valley. Had a good time; we worked 104 countries between
us, including seven all-time new ones for me.

He had recently completed building the DSP unit that was described
in the September, 1992 issue of _QST_. We used it quite a bit this
weekend, and boy, was it great!

It has two options: it can either subdue high noise levels or tones.
(I guess if you have both at the same time you take out whichever
is worse.) (Evidently it can also act as a CW filter.) And unlike
a notch filter, it doesn't take out any of the signal you want to
listen to.

Now if only it could be taught to remove QRM....

Patty N6BIS