have we contested too long?

Subject: have we contested too long?
From: reisert@mast.enet.dec.com (Jim Reisert, AD1C 09-Mar-1993 1457)
Date: Tue Mar 9 14:53:33 1993
------------------Reply to mail dated 9-MAR-1993 14:54:17.76------------------

Peter KB2NMV wrote:

>we cant compete against the New Englanders
>who run illegal power (some approaching 10 Kilowatts) with large arrays.

As a New Englander, I take offense at this remark.  Sure, there are some
people who run illegal power, but I'm not one of them.  I'm sure there are
2- and 3-land stations as well who run illegal power.  I have watt meters
right in front of me and check regularly that I'm not running too much
power.  I do not want a reputation that I run more than the legal limit.
First of all, I'd never feel like I competed on an even level.  More
importantly, people would lose respect for me.

73 - Jim AD1C