Beating the dead horse.. 24h tests

Subject: Beating the dead horse.. 24h tests
From: KM9P@delphi.com (KM9P@delphi.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 22:40:58 1993
I have some observations I'de like to make regarding this 24 hour issue...

1)  There seems to be alot of guys voicing awfully strong feelings regarding
    this 24 hour contest issue that don't even operate single-op!  I talking
    about the guys that are opposed to the 24 hour thing.  If you don't op
    single-op now, how do feel compelled to voice an opinion that will not
    effect you in a contest?  If you are worried about the present single-op
    category being diluted by the 24 hour category, I say your call better
    be KQ2M, W9RE, NA8V, K1AR, K1CC, K1TO, or any other that consistantly
    enters the single op category.  I hope the league takes the time to give
    some of these guys a call when they make their decision.

2)  In this op's opinion, there is too many nostalgia buffs here.  Hey man,
    just because ARRL was 48 hours, didn't make it better contest.  If it
    was they would have changed it back to 2 weekends of 48 hours.  You guys
    sound like my grandmother when we gave her a microwave oven.  Ya, sure
    it would make her life better, but change?  No way!  When K3NA writes
    his letter to the league he should suggest a 2 year trial period for
    the cateogry.  After the 2nd year, it comes before the committee again
    to decide it's final fate.

73

Bill KM9P