15 M prop. to G & DL

Subject: 15 M prop. to G & DL
From: debry@iris1.sb.fsu.edu (Ron Debry)
Date: Sat Mar 13 11:03:09 1993
GM0ECO's comment about bad 15 M propagation on Sunday prompted me to look
back through my 15 single band log from N4WW.  Usually, late afternoon
on either 10 or 15 is a slow but steady stream of Gs and DLs, many
right down in the noise.  But not this year.

               G   DL

Saturday  -   79   89       (G includes G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GU, GW & EI)
Sunday    -   30  106
---------------------
Total     -  109  195

Last  G Sat. - 2107Z
Last  G Sun. - 1938Z  so not too much difference, but the next to last
                      G Sunday was at 1624Z!  In between, I was called
                      by VU2PTT at 1836Z

I have no ideas why there was decent propagation to Germany and virtually
none to the UK Sunday.

All in all, very wierd propagation.  The polar paths were pretty good -
had a short opening to UL etc about 0230 Friday night, then again more
central Asians both mornings.  I was called Sat by the HS, and I could
still hear him working a pileup maybe 45-60 minutes later (HS is probably
the toughest path from here).

Ron DeBry  WA6DGX
debry@sb.fsu.edu