book suggestion

Subject: book suggestion
From: 0005582789@mcimail.com (Robert J Halprin)
Date: Wed Mar 17 15:33:00 1993
Internet contest group de K1XA:

I also thought I would take a moment and shamelessly plug a book
written by one of my closest chums--myself!

Ham Radio Contesting
by Robert J. Halprin, K1XA
Tiare Publications
P.O. Box 493
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
$14.95 (+$2.00 s/h)

This book is written for the newcomer to contesting (which
probably means an audience separate and distinct from the
persons reading this posting)--however, if you are trying
to "elmer" others into contesting, the book may prove to
be of assistance. For the record, this is just the first
edition, and subsequent editions will likely see both
more fine-tuning of present material as well as a
significant addition of new material (no timetable for
that as yet however).

The book was reviewed on page 68 of March 1993 CQ.

Copies may be obtained from other dealers as well as
direct from the publisher.

Informal feedback to me has been very positive thus
far.

Tnx/73.