TS940 problem

Subject: TS940 problem
From: penneys@freezer.cns.udel.edu (robert penneys)
Date: Sun Apr 4 09:22:08 1993
I got a 940 to replace my 440. The way I keyed my amp with the 440 was to use
an external 12v Radio Shack relay keyed from the remote jack.

Since the 940 doesn't have 12v from remote, I used 12v from the transverter
jack. Because sticking a plug in there disabled whatever, I just lightly stuck
in a wire to pin 2 and it worked fine.

I traded my amp and soldered up another relay. I may have shorted it out, or
stuck the wire in funny, but the external relay did not key. When I removed the
wire, the 940 stuck on transmit position and would not revert to receive. The
radio still has 12v
at that pin, the relays RL 1 and 2 key when AC goes on, RL 3 does not move (if
it should), the radio will change modes, bands, freq, and VFOs while the xmit
light is on, it will generate CW and SB sigs with mike and key, etc. WIth
nothing connected at
all but AC, and all switches checked, it will not return to receive.

Any suggestions?  I myself am illiterate and incompetent in these matters, but
need to fix the thing somehow.

If convenient, call me at 215-925-6699 or 302-733-0444. Tnx Bob WN3K FRC