Arrival angles

Subject: Arrival angles
From: mraz@maverick.aud.alcatel.com (Kris Mraz)
Date: Mon Apr 5 09:31:08 1993
Bob, N6TV, writes:

>Given station A's QTH and Station B's QTH (Latitude/Longitude), and
>assuming propagation off the F-layer only, the formula for calculating
>the radiation angle is:
>
>  <Anyone?>

A related question: The F-layer is not at a constant altitude. That is, at
noon its at one height and at midnight its at another. Do the equations
for calculating number of hops, radiation angle, etc. take this into account?
Stated another way, the height of the F-layer changes as my signal travels
from Texas to Africa. Will the propagation software assume a constant height
or a changing height along the path?

Kris, AA5UO             '~ ~`
mraz@aud.alcatel.com      L