SS

Subject: SS
From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills)
Date: Wed Apr 7 15:16:46 1993
Wow!  My Clean Sweep mug came today.   It cost me $7 (8?) but 167
people got QSOs who wouldn't have done otherwise - the silly mug
was the only thing that made me do any SS at all this year.   They
won't list me in QST, and I already own several coffee mugs.  But
it worked, it produced some activity that would not have taken place
otherwise.  And it helps the economy, too - UPS made a few cents in
transporting it, ARRL may make a few cents, even the BY's who made
it might make a cent or two.

I wouldn't have done SS had there been an N-hour category.  But now I
can frame this - er, hang it on the wall, whatever.  If there were more
gullible idiots like me out there your problem would be solved.   Work
N zones in CQWW and get a free tube of toothpaste that has "CQ CQ CQ"
embedded in it, work 200 people in the Sprint and get a pair of decorated
running shoes.   Work 300 JAs in the JARL contest and get a packet of
alphabet soup noodles - the possibilities are endless.

Ecstatically,

Derek Wills (AA5BT, G3NMX)
Department of Astronomy, University of Texas,
Austin TX 78712.  (512-471-1392)
oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu