24hr on or 24hr off

Subject: 24hr on or 24hr off
From: GARLOUGH@TGV.COM (Trey Garlough)
Date: Wed Apr 7 16:53:42 1993
> Please let me know your thoughts between the two following approaches,
> as I am trying to wrap up a NCJ article on this subject by the end of
> this week.  [more on the 24 hour thing]

I am strongly against any plan that encourages people to turn off the
radio.  May I suggest that you make the language such that the first
24 hours of on-time count?  Permit the rest of the time to count as a
checklog.  This would apply to both contiguous and non-contiguous
schemes.

Personally, I would like to see the League go back to reporting on-hours
like they used to 15 years ago.  I think the information is interesting.

--Trey